Department of Law
Associate Director Centre for Intellectual Property Policy & Management.
- Professor Emerita Intellectual Property Management.
- Institute of Learning & Teaching National Teaching Fellowship award holder.
- Holder of the following awards: Institute of Learning & Teaching National Teaching Fellowship.
- Leverhulme Innovative Teaching grant: Patent Office Grant for the development of IP learning and teaching materials and programmes.
Member of the following professional bodies
- IP Awareness Working Party.
- Association of Teachers and Researchers in Intellectual Property.
- Society of Legal Scholars - Legal Education subject group convenor.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
- Expert Consultant to the World Intellectual Property Academy and the European Patent Office’s Internation Academy
Current Research and Development
- Interactive learning resources for University of the Arts London, Museum of Brands, Imperial College London.
- Gillette UK plc.
- UK Patent Office.
- European Commission.
- Customised IP management education for private corporations and public sector institutions.
- EU correspondent for Intellectual Property Forum, the journal of the intellectual property society of Australia and New Zealand.
Ruth has been a visiting academic at Leicester University, Middlesex University, Cass Business School (City University, London), University of Technology (Sydney), and Graduate Research Institute for Policy Studies (Tokyo).